Global Logistics Manager
The Global Logistics Manager will be responsible for developing a logistics strategy to optimize product delivery to customers. This person will manage the coordination and execution of all inbound and outbound transportation matters of inventory within the organization. The person will be involved in forecasting and sourcing capacity of all modes of transportation. This role will interface directly with Operations including Purchasing, Warehouse, Inventory Analyst, and Accounting. Core to the function will be the ability to define and implement a range of new work processes and partner interfaces, ensuring that our international operations run day-to day smoothly.
- Works on developing logistics plans that affect production, distribution and inventory.
- Creates and reviews procedures for distribution and inventory management to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost.
- Help drive logistics projects through an international lens. Collaborates cross-functionally in support of end results.
- Assess the operational efficiency of business and prioritize improvement processes
- Rationalize inventory management and manufacturing operations across multiple sites.
- Manage the receipt, inspection and documentation of items imported from and exported to overseas locations
- Communicate with customers, clients and transportation companies to ensure the shipment arrive in a timely manner and in good physical condition.
- Coordinate and facilitate with clients, customers, warehouse and other stake holders
- Problem solve in areas of receiving materials, shipping, inventory and personnel management
- Develop and maintain transportation and distribution procedures to maximize delivery efficiency.
- Source and manage freight of all modes of transportation.
- Ensure all partners, up and down stream, are working collaboratively and efficiently to insure operations are not interrupted and move at a consisted place.
- Provide advice and guidance to senior management to ensure compliance with current customer laws and movement of inventory
- Conduct and review audits for logistics activities such as inventory, distribution and transport activities
Education & Experience
- Four plus years of work experience with international experience required.
- Two plus years of hands on experience in international logistics management
- Able and willing to travel, including an occasional international trip
- High School degree/Associates degree/Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience.
- Must be computer literate with strong ERP/MRP skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, professional ethics, tact and courtesy in dealing with vendors and global Cold Jet offices
- Must be detail-oriented and pay close attention to accuracy
- Able to analyze information gathered in order to identify potential problems or discrepancies.
- Good reasoning and problem solving skills
- Willing to travel to outlying facilities in the US and around the world.
Behavioral Competencies/Personal Traits
- Good with numbers and data
- Goal oriented and committed to task
- Self-motivated and driven
- Works cooperatively with others and gets things done through influence rather than direct authority
- Politically savvy
- Works well independently but is open to direction and feedbacks
» Apply for this job here