Cost Accountant - Loveland, OH
Cold Jet is the world leader in developing innovative environmentally responsible cleaning solutions that
help companies reduce maintenance costs, enhance product quality, prolong equipment life, and improve
productivity and worker safety. Cold Jet’s extensive line of dry ice cleaning systems is used in a variety of
industries, making productive use of recycled carbon dioxide while eliminating the need for chemicals and
water in the cleaning process. Cold Jet is a private company with global headquarters in Loveland, Ohio
and international operations in Europe, Asia, Canada, and Mexico. Cold Jet is an entrepreneurial and
exciting place to work, the unquestioned leader in its industry.
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Manufacturing Cost Accountant position we are currently seeking to fill. The position is responsible for foreign subsidiary reconciliation and costing, inventory reconciliations, applying the corporate transfer pricing policies to cross-continental transactions, fixed asset administration, backing up the accounting team as needed and completing special projects. The individual will be exposed to all aspects of accounting for a growing, global, multi-company, manufacturer of complex capital equipment. If you have strong analytical skills, communications skills and are interested in working in a growing collaborative environment, please apply.
- Calculate costing and perform inventory reconciliations for corporate and foreign subsidiaries.
- Monitor and suggest changes to absorption rates for global manufacturing facilities.
- Populate monthly Machine Margin Report and field inquiries from Senior Management.
- Monitor the company’s corporate transfer pricing relative to inter-company transactions.
- Track and reconcile inventory in-transit at month end.
- Learn corporate inventory policies and procedures, and act as a backup for Staff Accountant II.
- Manage the tracking of demonstration equipment, and provide pricing to the sales organization for used and non-current equipment.
- Coordinate and reconcile sales demo inventories for year end.
- Manage fixed asset administration for the Americas and Asia and prepare monthly corporate capital spending reports.
- Complete corporate manufacturing surveys.
- Cross train to learn how to perform most responsibilities of the accounting department and provide backup as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 0-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to maintain effective working relationship with co-workers
- Intermediate to expert level skills in MS Excel and proficient the other MS Office programs
- Experience with ERP systems; Vantage or Epicor a plus