Dry Ice Production Solutions
Simplify your cooling and processing operations with dry ice, which provides a safe, residue free and enhanced cooling solution.
Cold Jet is the global leader in dry ice production technology and provides innovative solutions that saves companies time, money, and resources. We offer the most advanced dry ice manufacturing systems with superior end-product quality, coupled with 24/7 production capability and customer support. We are also the only manufacturer to offer customized engineered solutions.
Benefits of Dry Ice
Providing solutions for your cooling and processing needs
The unique characteristics of dry ice make it a more efficient, safe and cost effective solution for many cooling and processing applications.
- Enhanced cooling capability 3x the refrigeration power of water ice
- No secondary waste Dry ice does not produce secondary waste streams, residue or moisture
- Safe and non-toxic Dry ice is a food grade media and is EPA, FDA and USDA approved for use around food
- Colorless, tasteless and odorless
- Environmentally sustainable Dry ice is made of recycled CO2 and does not add additional CO2 to the atmosphere
- Decrease landfill wasteReplace resource intensive and waste generating gel packs
Get Started Today
Superior systems that reliably and consistently produce, meter and package high-quality dry ice
Cold Jet is the global leader in dry ice production solutions and technology and provides innovative solutions that save companies time, money and resources. We offer the most advanced dry ice manufacturing systems with superior end-product quality, coupled with 24/7 production capability and customer support. We are also the only manufacturer to offer customized engineered solutions.
- Wide variety of solutions From small scale units to high volume and ranging from pellets to slices
- Proprietary Sub Cooling Technology Lowest conversion factor on the market
- Continuous Operation Designed for non-stop operation in the most demanding environments
- Fully automated One button operation enables ease of use and quick start up
- Automatically Change Extruder Plates Quickly change dry ice dies to minimize downtime
- Cold Jet CONNECT®Remotely monitor, diagnose and implement corrective action from any location
- Expert Consultancy We offer advice, ideas and direction for your dry ice production operations
Our dry ice production technology has been engineered to extrude the highest quality dry ice available. We’ve spent more than 30 years developing and innovating the most technologically advanced dry ice production solutions available. Click here to learn more about how we have achieved the largest global install base of nearly 20,000.
Get Started Today
Dry Ice Production Overview
Cold Jet’s range of dry ice production machines produces the highest quality dry ice.
A solution for every application, in all industries
Dry Ice Production FAQs:
How is dry ice made?
Dry ice is the solid form of carbon dioxide (CO2). In order to create dry ice, recycled CO2 gas is pressurized and cooled to form liquid CO2 (LCO2) and is then injected into a pelletizer, or dry ice production unit. Within the pelletizer, the pressurized LCO2 is released to atmospheric pressure, which causes it to solidify into a snow-like consistency. This is then compressed into pellets, blocks, or slabs.
Can I make my own dry ice?
Dry ice can be produced on demand using a dry ice production machine (pelletizer or slice maker). Producing your own dry ice must be economically viable and the amount of dry ice used on a daily and weekly basis must be considered.
Pelletizers, slice makers, and reformers can be equipped with multiple dies to produce a range of extrusion sizes (3mm to 19mm) and final product size. Dry ice production equipment can produce, dose, and package multiple sizes of dry ice for a broad range of solutions.
Should I make my own dry ice?
In the right situation, making your own dry ice can save you a lot of time and money while eliminating headaches. Producing your own dry ice can give you greater control over your production, processing, and cold chain management systems, while also reducing waste and cutting operational costs.
By answering a few simple questions, you can determine whether producing your own dry ice is right for you. Those questions include:
- How much dry ice do you consume weekly/monthly?
- What are your current delivery costs?
- Is dry ice a part of a critical path in your operation?
- Do you waste a lot of dry ice per week?
- Does your facility have a CO2 tank and three-phase power?