Field Service Technician - Tokyo, Japan
We are currently looking for a Field Service Technician to join our team, based out of our office in Tokyo, Japan. The Field Service Technician is a field-based, Customer-facing role with excellent oral and written communication skills and primarily travels to Customer sites, to perform installation, maintenance, service, upgrade and troubleshooting support on dry ice production equipment, dry ice blasting machines and automated systems of Cold Jet Machines. Service can be of a mechanical, electrical or hydraulic nature. The Field Service Technician will also be responsible for building a positive relationship with customers and peers, as well as completing necessary administrative tasks. The ideal candidate is an independent go-getter, team player with a positive attitude and makes customer satisfaction and safety their priorities.
- Drive customer satisfaction through pro-active communication and commitment to resolving customer’s issues/problems expediently
- Provide installation service, training and troubleshooting support on dry ice production equipment, dry ice blasting machines, and automated/engineered systems at Cold Jet service centers and customer facilities
- Organize work: procure necessary parts, plan, travel and complete, accurate documentation on repair actions
- Operate a variety of hand tools, power tools, diagnostic and measuring equipment
- Develop and follow bet practices and procedures for various maintenance activities
- Maintain high levels of communication and feedback within the service organization, prepare daily updates of work completed, problem identification and future timelines
- Ensure that safety and quality standards are met
- Work with quality manager on warranty jobs to accurately capture warranty costs, look at cause issues
- Represent yourself and Cold Jet professionally and per Cold Jet’s Code of Conduct Policy
- Provide input to engineering/product development team on machine design, serviceability, etc.
- Take responsibility for maintaining an inventory of parts, tools and equipment
- When not in the field, assist the spare parts manager in creating quotes and follow up
- Take and respond to emergency customer service calls, taking turns with other technicians to answer the 24/7 service line
- Respond to routine customer and sales questions regarding equipment operation and performance
As a Field Service Technician, you are responsible for a variety of activities:
- University degree or equivalent in engineering or equivalent on-the-job
- Five or more years experience in field service working with electro-mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment. Experience working with integrated equipment controls preferred.
- Knowledgeable and accurate in order processing and administration
- Effectively schedules work load, material and parts needed to complete tasks in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of the customer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in English and Japanese
- Strong analytical skills, effectively applies technical and logical methodologies to solve problems
- Computer literate with experience in MS Office and the internet
- Experience with customer relationship management/customer service systems a plus
- Customer service skills that demonstrate a commitment to customer satisfaction and garnering customer loyalty
- Able and willing to travel 50% of the time, including an occasional international trip
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair of industrial machinery
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain hydraulic systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain pneumatic systems
- Resolves customer issues and creates value for both customers and Cold Jet in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize critical tasks
To apply for this job, email your resume to [email protected].