Shipping and Receiving Coordinator
The Shipping and Receiving Coordinator is responsible for preparing customer shipments, receiving incoming parts and supplies, restocking Kanban bins, using creativity and initiative to meet aggressive deadlines and improve processes.
- Pull ordered machines and parts from inventory and prepare them for shipment
- Crate, band, wrap, box or otherwise package machines or parts for shipment
- Schedule freight trucks for machine shipments
- Work with FexEx, UPS, and freight carriers to meet shipping requirements
- Prepare paperwork for domestic and international shipments
- Load machine shipments onto trucks using industrial equipment
- Enter shipment, receiving and other data into the ERP system
- Accept, open and verify incoming shipments from carriers such as UPS
- Stocks incoming parts in the appropriate location
- Assembles and makes crates for shipping
- Alert Lead Shipping & Receiving Coordinator to low packaging and shipping supply levels for ordering
- Communicate with customers, external and internal, regarding status of shipments
- Operate forklift and other industrial lift equipment
- Continuously improves processes and practices in Shipping and Receiving
- Additional duties as assigned
- Education: high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to learn domestic and International shipping procedures and paperwork in a relatively short time.
- Able to work overtime as needed as well as being flexible over a wide range of tasks.
- Must be self-motivated and thrive on a fast paced environment.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Basic to intermediate computer skills
- Must be able to lift minimum 70 lbs.
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Fork lift driving experience a plus but not necessary
- The Shipping and Receiving Clerk must meet aggressive deadlines and maintain a strong customer focus.
- A wide degree of creativity and initiative is expected.
- Routinely uses independent judgment to make decisions on the job, within the parameters set by the supervisor.
» Apply for this job here