Business Applications Analyst - Loveland, OH
The Business Applications Analyst is responsible for supporting efforts in maintaining and improving Cold Jet’s core ERP, CRM and PDM business systems. This includes: improving business processes, system utilization, training, end-user support, reporting, implementation and integration.
Improving System Utilization
- Develop global best practices and procedures for efficient systems usage.
- Ensure global best practices are understood, and work with business leaders to ensure their consistent global adoption.
- Investigate functionality of current business systems that are not being used or that are being underutilized and assist users to take advantage of this functionality.
- Solicit input from users for processes that need improvement to increase efficiency and productivity, and to determine currently unmet needs and find appropriate solutions.
- Ensure business systems are maintained with current releases.
- Develop (or facilitate the creation of) clear and comprehensive procedures on how to perform key functions within the application.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to implement system updates in a timely manner with minimal problems and delays. Manage all aspects of projects to ensure budget and timing.
- Work with other affected departments to ensure their representation, input and participation on implementation teams.
- Work with Cold Jet’s information technology team to select, install, customize, and test new and upgraded systems.
- Ensure testing is sufficient to ensure that implementation occurs with minimal disruption.
- Deliver training in advance of go-live dates to ensure users are confident and competent in using the applications and following the relevant procedures.
- Train users of new software applications and/or processes as per the prior section.
- Ensure new employees are trained on applications they use to perform their duties effectively and efficiently. This may be direct training or training done by other department members or in a “train the trainer” manner.
- Provide additional, on-going training as requested or as needed from observed deficiencies.
- Provide support as needed to end users on a daily basis
- Collect and evaluate end-user recommendations and enhancement requests
- Work with others to ensure that important information is extracted and presented in a clear and insightful manner to make more informed business decisions.
- Write reports for others as needed, and train others to write reports as appropriate.
- Assist Business Applications Manager in research and evaluation of additional solutions/software.
Education & Experience
- BS degree in business, operations or management information systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five or more years of experience leading the administration, implementation and utilization of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and/or Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive experience with ERP, PLM/PDM and CRM systems and their interoperability.
- Experience with the integration of ERP, PLM/PDM, and CRM systems.
- Working knowledge of Epicor ERP 10 is desired.
- Understands business best practices as they relate to these systems. Can act as power-user in supported systems.
- Knowledgeable of business processes relating to accounting, engineering, sales and marketing, purchasing, costing, inventory control and shipping/receiving is preferred.
- Experience with training on business systems or processes.
- Ability to present to all levels of stakeholders and management.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Computer savvy with experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project).
- Knowledgeable in SSRS, Crystal Reports, and performing MS SQL queries.