Technical Sales Representative
Due to our rapid company expansion and growth, we are seeking qualified sales candidates to apply for the position of Technical Sales Representative. Technical Sales Representatives are regionally-based, supporting Cold Jet Regional Sales Managers in the field to grow the business with a combination of sales and service activities. We currently have one opening in the Michgan/Northern Ohio area and a second opening in the Flordia/Alabama area. Please note that we are looking for locally-based talent and as such, relocation assistance is not provided.
This position directly contributes to the overall success of Cold Jet by maximizing our business growth strategy through exceptional customer service focused on proactively seeking and building long-term relationships with existing customers while expanding the overall customer base. The Technical Sales Representative (TSR) is responsible for executing a jointly developed business plan centered on customer ownership, sales growth, and customer base expansion for an assigned territory. The TSR will be responsible to qualify and sell company developed leads, as well as prospect and develop new opportunities in a wide variety of industrial and service industry applications.
Cold Jet has led the global development of dry ice blasting and dry ice production technology which sets the standard for quality, performance and reliability. With thousands of installed customers worldwide, Cold Jet's success has been the result of our superior technology, dedication to customer service and establishment of a global infrastructure for product support. Cold Jet is committed to developing dry ice solutions for the betterment of industry and the environment through a relentless pursuit of technology. With more than 25 years of experience dedicated to dry ice blasting technology, Cold Jet has unparalleled experience in developing and recommending dry ice solutions to match any need.
Industries and companies worldwide (from Fortune 100 to sole proprietors) are setting the precedent for excellence and quality in their operations with Cold Jet's cutting edge design and innovation.
- Execute the sales process from initial customer contact through completion of the order to long-term customer follow-up
- Conduct sales calls, product demonstrations, and on-site training for new and existing customers
- Build relationships with customers to increase sales of new machines, rental parts, and service and to gain recognition as a point of contact
- Sell consultatively while making recommendations to prospects of various Cold Jet solutions
- Work within an annual business plan in conjunction with the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) focused to exceed the sales budget and expand the existing customer base.
- Efficiently perform equipment maintenance, minor repairs and upgrades at the customer site
- Prepare quotes and performance evaluation agreements
- Develop qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, cold calls, direct mail, email, and networking
- Input customer and sales data in CRM system, both as a selling tool and as a means of gathering information used by sales management and marketing to strategically grow the business
- Participate as a team member in the development of Cold Jet's sales and marketing infrastructure and strategy and such other activities as required and assigned to help the company overall
- 4-year degree within a business or engineering discipline is preferred or five years of experience successfully selling capital or industrial goods in a business-to-business environment
- Strong business communication skills from oral presentations to written proposals
- Able to communicate at all levels within an organization and engage others in conversation, relate, and persuade
- Technically savvy with the ability to learn, discuss, and repair products on a technical level
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with MS Office Suite, especially Excel, and CRM applications
- Must be able to drive a company pickup truck or van with a tow-behind trailer
- Must be prepared to travel overnight approximately 50% or more depending on company needs
- Cold Jet Technical Sales Representatives earn a base salary plus an uncapped commission. Performers are the best paid in our industry segment with endless potential
- Career path leads to Regional Sales Management role
- Benefits package includes medical, dental, life, and 401k with company match
- Company vehicle
Applicants must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Applicants must apply on-line. No applications/resumes will be accepted by mail, fax, email, drop in, etc.