Customer Service Technician - Madrid, Spain
Cold Jet seeks a Customer Service Technician who will be responsible for ensuring users of our equipment are satisfied with its performance by providing prompt onsite service by performing installation, service and troubleshooting support on dry ice manufacturing equipment, dry ice blasting machines, and engineered systems at Cold Jet Distributor locations and at customer facilities in Spain and neighboring countries. The Technician will also perform product demonstrations as requested by Cold Jet personnel or prospects. The Cold Jet Customer Service Technician contributes to the overall success of Cold Jet by maximizing business growth through exceptional customer service focused on proactively seeking and building long-term relationships with existing customers while expanding the overall customer base.
Perform Service Work
- Provide installation, service and troubleshooting support on dry ice manufacturing equipment, dry ice blasting machines, and engineered systems at customer facilities mostly in Spain, but occasionally other countries.
- Complete equipment upgrades at customer sites in the field.
- Oversee installation start-ups in the field.
- Provide training to distributors, resellers and customers.
- Be a recognized expert in Cold Jet equipment by peers, customers, partners and prospects.
- Work with team to create quotes and work orders on customer jobs.
- Work with Quality Manager on warranty jobs to accurately capture warranty costs, look at root cause issues and, if appropriate, pass the cost back to the supplier of a failed part.
Contribute to Sales of Parts, Service and New Machines
- Build relationships with customers to increase sales of new machines, rental parts, and service and to gain recognition as a point of contact.
- Develop an annual business plan in conjunction with the Service Manager focused on both personal and business goals to exceed the sales budget and expand the existing customer base.
- Conduct customer service visits and on-site training for new and existing customers.
- Conduct product demonstrations at prospect or existing customer locations.
- Sell consultatively while making recommendations to prospects of various Cold Jet solutions.
- Execute the sales and service support process from customer contact through completion of the order to long-term customer follow-up and satisfaction.
- Maintain customer and sales data in CRM system, both as a selling tool and as a means of gathering information used by sales management and marketing to strategically grow the business.
- Represent yourself and the Company professionally.
- Support business partnerships.
- Collaborate with and support other Cold Jet departments: sales, engineering and operations.
Education & Experience
- Education and/or training in a related technical field.
- Five or more years experience in field service working with electro-mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment. Experience working with integrated equipment controls preferred.
- Self-motivated to work efficiently and use time wisely without continuous supervision.
- Customer service skills that demonstrate a commitment to customer satisfaction and garnering customer loyalty
- Able and willing to travel 50% of the time, including international trips
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair of industrial machinery
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain hydraulic systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain pneumatic systems
- Resolves customer issues and creates value for both customers and Cold Jet in a professional manner
- Effectively applies technical and logical methodologies to solve problems
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Able to prioritize critical tasks
- Effectively schedules work load, material and parts needed to complete tasks in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of the customer
- Excellent communication skills in both Spanish and English. Any additional languages would be a plus.
Please email a CV and introduction letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.