MIG Welder - Milford, Ohio
Cold Jet’s Milford location is looking for a first-shift Welder who can MIG weld stainless and aluminum from drawings. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about his/her work, and both quality and customer focused. The ideal candidate also values a positive, team-oriented environment.
- Plan work to deadlines with manager, determining stages and quantities to best facilitate overall production, and coordinating with outplant services such as paint.
- Organize parts pushed to weld department from press and machining departments.
- Inspect incoming parts to drawings and confirm that they fit together.
- Fit up parts where there is a variance in size or shape if possible, using saw, grinder, and/or belt sander.
Fabricate and weld
- Determine best manner of assembly, order of parts assembled
- Establish welder settings for type of work to be done
- Fit up parts according to drawings, tack them in place, and weld to form the multi-part final assembly
- Inspect finished product to specifications
- Assist in other functions, grinding, machining, operating press brake, operating saw
- Provide feedback to engineers if drawings are inaccurate, for example if dimensions aren’t right.
- Make jigs as needed for use in repetitive parts manufacturing
- Perform preventative maintenance on welding equipment
- Notify purchasing when wire, gas and other weld supplies need to be ordered
- Maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of weld area
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment and otherwise work in a safe manner
Education & Experience
- High School Equivalent
- At least 5 years experience in MIG welding aluminum, stainless steel, and carbon steel in a production environment
- Familiar with basic hand-held measuring tools
- Able to MIG weld on both aluminum, stainless steel, and carbon steel
- Familiar with quality inspection techniques
- Other fabrication, machining and/or welding skills a plus
Behavioral Competencies/Personal Traits
- Detail oriented
- Good work ethic
- Values quality
- Values safety
» Apply for this job here